Thursday, December 24, 2009

Winter Wonderland - 12/24/09

As I write this at 6:16 p.m. my time, we have 5 hours 43 minutes and some odd seconds 'til Christmas!

Holiday Traditions! I love them <3 Something to look forward to. I celebrate Christmas, but my Christmas traditions tend to take place more on Christmas Eve. Here are some of my family's traditions:

Christmas Eve:

- Everyone gets a new pair of PJ's to wear
- Hot Chocolate time!
- One single Christmas present gets opened
- Nighty night time at 10 ;)

Christmas Day:

- Wake up the house WAAAY too early xD
- Open our stockings
- Open up presents from "Santa"
- Open up presents from our family in the house (Mom, Dad, Sister, Me)
- Eat cinnamon rolls while listening to Christmas songs
- Papaw gets here and we open his presents, and the presents he brings from our aunt and uncle.
- Lunch!
- Then nothingness xD


Leave a comment answering the question: What are some of your holiday traditions?!

-------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow shall be about classic Christmas movies!
-------------------------------------------------


Life Updates! -

The cough has been with me so long, Im starting not to notice it. Its hurting though. I noticed that since I brought Corey around on Chatzy yesterday, my friends were blogging about the visit o_O I find this slightly creepy, but not as creepy as Ash talking about how cute he was...Odd. Very odd.

Books, Books, Books!

So out of my 8 books, I chose to move on to Fall On Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald. Im only 30 pages in, but its already kept me reading. Im really trying to figure out who the narrator is though. The first part of this book is about how everyone is dead, and here's a picture of this person, and this person. Its odd...then on to the story of the mother and father of this haunted family. Only time will tell on the outcome of this, but its got me hooked, no doubt.

In My World Of Make Believe:

Perfection. Not something ANYONE can accomplish. Yet we all strive for it in our lives. We strive for something we cannot reach, and we KNOW we cannot reach it. We can fool our brains all we want, but deep down inside, we know we cannot be perfect. But in my world of Make Believe, perfection is in your own definition. You're perfect for the life you choose to lead. You fit into your life. Perfection isn't boring, its exciting. Because perfection isn't all the same. Perfection is different. Yet nobody tries to strive for it here. They know better. It just happens.

-----------------------------------
Tomorrow I'll talk about equality!
-----------------------------------


For my third section, I'll give a quote!

"I'm not perfect. I'm not even sure what perfect really means. To me, it's nothing. I am the perfect version of myself. If someone else tried to be me, they'd fail. If I tried to be someone else, I'd probably fall on my face. Perfection in itself is a flaw. There's academic perfection, creative perfection, perfection in looks, etc. Each one is probably unattainable, and if it is achieved, people will be jealous. Jealuosy spawns hate, and hate spawns lies. Also, people have different views of perfection. It all depends on their likes and dislikes and preferences. What one person may think is perfect, others may think the opposite. How does anyone even know what perfection is when no one has the same opinions? "

-ttkmk (From boardofwisdom.com)

AND WE'RE DONE!

-Yours Truly,
Ry (:

P.S.-Merry Almost Christmas!
P.P.S.-If you liked the quote today, and wanna look for more, check the site -

Board Of Wisdom

2 comments:

DeLancey said...

I have the same holiday traditions as your =P

ANd I love the quote!

Aishwarya Nagar said...

I don't celebrate Christmas XD

Hey, don't blame me for calling your boyfriend cute :) He looks good and he is amazing too, or whatever bit of him he chooses to reveal on Chatzy is amazing, should I say. Mmmmhm I too am a girl with hormones! I HAVE A RIGHT!

Lol :D

An addition to your Make Believe: what makes us better humans is trying to be perfect. We know it's a goal we cannot achieve, but that if we try, we may achieve it. It's like walking on a road that never stops. I think it's chasing the perfection that counts rather than attaining it. Those who just sit about saying "I don't need to be perfect" aren't developing because they're not eager to make themselves more centralized, focused people.