Friday, December 25, 2009

Not So White Christmas - 12/25/09

May not have been a "White Christmas", but it was a good one ;)

Classic Christmas Movies. I love them! And I think they're almost as big of a part of Christmas as presents have turned out to be. At least once a year, around Christmas, I watch the classics. Rudolph, Frosty. The classics ;) And ABC Family has their 25 days of Christmas special, where they show a Christmas movie each night. I live for those (: Some of the BEST classics are:

- Its A Wonderful Life
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- Frosty the Snowman
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
- A Christmas Story


Comment on your favorite Christmas Classic!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturdays are just going to be random post days ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Life Updates -


Christmas was good, no, GREAT! Got everything I asked for plus some. New cell, some makeup stuff, Mayday Parade cd, 13 Reasons Why. AND my parents got us a Wii! And they've been against us playing video games, so this is a BIG thing! The Wii is great. But we have attachments to the remote for when we do the Wii Sports, and I was playing baseball and the baseball bat attachment FLEW into the wall! Everyone immediately freaked out and it scared me so much that I went and threw up and started shaking and going into a meltdown. I need my meds for anxiety :/ Little things make me freak.

Reading Corner!

I'm slowly working my way through Fall On Your Knees. This book keeps me pretty interested. Some parts though...I just don't care for. You can't tell me all about this guys job and how his wife wants him to die in war, and then not really make it clear about anything. You had me interested with the topic, but the details have failed me. Because there weren't enough. I obviously have a habit of picking books where someone has a mental problem. The mother of the family is so...religious, that she thinks the world is against her and she cannot love her child and actually...its kinda interesting 'cause she's almost got me thinking the same thing she is o_O. I still wanna know who the narrator is though. It doesn't just seem like the author...Seems like someone involved with the story. Still have like 400 more pages to go though, so Im sure Ill figure it out soon. Im about 100 pages in and I don't think this is even the main point of the story...

In My World of Make Believe:

Equality. Something seemingly lacking in our world. You can say all you want that it exists here...but you'll be wrong. Im pretty sure we don't treat the poor like we treat the wealthy. Our school systems are broken into social orders. You are not an equal. You try. But you won't be equal to everyone. (May I point out that the US President is NOT an equal to US citizens? Listen to Dear Mr. President by P!nk.) But in my world of Make Believe, everyone IS an equal. Everyone is treated the same. Equal opportunity. And everyone sees that you may supervise someone else in the job force, but without them there wouldn't be a need for the higher position. Everyone is important. Everyone is equal. It doesnt matter if you're black, white, gay, straight, male, female, rich, poor. You are equal. Thats all there is to it.

----------------------------------
Tomorrow I'll talk about bullying!
----------------------------------


Since I mentioned it above, I'll post some lyrics of Dear Mr. President by P!nk.

"Dear Mr. President,
Come take a walk with me.
Let's pretend we're just two people and
You're not better than me.
I'd like to ask you some questions if we can speak honestly.

What do you feel when you see all the homeless on the street?
Who do you pray for at night before you go to sleep?
What do you feel when you look in the mirror?
Are you proud?"

AND THATS IT FOR TODAY!

-Yours Truly
Ry (:

P.S. - I would love you forever if you would comment with the name of a song you really like! Im gonna make a playlist for the blog, and I want your guys' favorite songs! You're the readers!

P.P.S - Just commenting with a review is also nice (:

P.P.P.S. - If you like the lyrics, here's the song!

Dear Mr. President by P!nk

1 comments:

Aishwarya Nagar said...

::screams::

You got Thirteen Reasons Why too?!?!?!?!?! OMG this is so not fair! You and Toria BOTH got the one book I hav been waiting forever to come to stores! Indian stores will simply NOT introduce it :( Dang book shops. I will have to get it shipped for like....what....$1000?

Lucky -- A Wii! I want a dang Wii! :( You are no longer my friend if you keep getting stuff like this XD

My song of the moment:
Just for Fun: Whatcha Say by Jason Derulo
Thoughtfully: This is Who I Am by Vanessa Amorosi

I SAW AVATAR TODAY AND......
O.O
-O-

I HAVE A LOT OF CAPSed LETTER AND CHARACTERS BOTTLED UP AND I SHALL LET THEM ALL OUT ONCE YOU COMMENT ON THIS!!! ::screams::

Love,
Your calm friend,
Ash xx