Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holidays - 12/22/09

Happy Holidays blog readers!

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, another holiday, or no holiday at all, the month of December and the Holiday Season is festive and bright for all. Its a time of shopping for goods and saving on deals. A time of cheerfulness and family. A time of good cheer and compassion. But many say that this time of year has turned away from the true meanings of the holidays, and have become to be more known for the commercial value. Lets look into the true meaning of Christmas, and what it's seen as today.

The True Meaning - Christmas is a time to celebrate the virgin birth of Jesus Christ from the Virgin Mary. The Lord coming down in the flesh and starting a life of miracles, one that would end with a death to save us from our sins.

The Meaning Now - Christmas is now seen as a time of gift giving and good cheer. Happiness and sales. Santa Claus has replaced Jesus. Christmas trees have replaced bibles. And commercial value has replaced the true meaning of Christmas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow I'll talk about some of the hottest presents on the market!
--------------------------------------------------------------------


Alright, time for some updates from my life-

First the stomach flu, now a horrendous cough that came out of nowhere and refuses to go away! What will come next?! I have a weak immune system, so I suppose I shouldn't assume that I'll be super crazy healthy anytime soon, but I have to hope. It hurts so bad though ): I'm turning into my mom. Sick all the time. Though what my mom has is much more terrible and there's no cure. Lupus. Auto-immune disease. Her own body is going to be her downfall :/ Agh, the world in its true unfairness. And we'll never know how life would've been like with a healthy mom. I think our standard of living would be different. The clothes I wear, the way I look, the house I live in. The relationships in the house would be better. But like I said, we'll never know.

And now to the book I'm reading!

At the moment I have about 8 new books from the library, and I decided to pick out the shortest one so I can do some trial reviews. I chose Inexcusable by Chris Lynch. From what I've read so far, the main character Keir Sarafian (Loving the name) is said to have raped his best friend and lifelong love. She said she said no. He said she didn't. It seems to me that Keir has a mindset that he isn't the kind of guy to do something like that. He loved her, and I'm thinking he's got too into it. Only time will tell :/

A look into my world of Make Believe:

Friendships. Quite possibly the easiest thing to lose. One mistake, one person, one word could end it all. But in my world of make believe everyone sees everyone else as an equal. And everyone's friends. But not everything is perfect. There are flaws in everyone. Which makes this world so great. Because everyone's flaws are noticed but are not basis for ending a friendship. But a mark of uniqueness, valued in this world. Everyone understands your flaws, and if anything, wants to be your friend even MORE. If only.

---------------------------------------------
Tomorrow I'll be talking about originality ;D
---------------------------------------------


So I found this AWESOME quote, and I thought it would be a good one to use today for my 3rd section of my blog!

"If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile... But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me."

- Unknown

AND THATS IT FOR TODAY! FIRST BLOG - DONE!

-Yours Truly
Ry (:

P.S.- Comments, questions, suggestions - WELCOME!

P.P.S. - If you liked this blog (or if you didnt xD) go check these out!

Janet's Blog
Delancey's Blog
Ash's Blog

1 comments:

Aishwarya Nagar said...

Reebee XD,

Bautiful post! Very original. When I did my first ever blog [ 3 yrs ago ], I tried doing what you did -- life story and stuff, but it was hard to maintain. The way you're writing yours is pure genius -- irresistable and organizes. The other day when I was doing stuff for the HogsMonthly mag, I saw all these articles, including my own, that had veered off the very subject of Christmas. I was on Wikipedia reading Christmas up to make a quiz for y'all in my Fun Corner, and I realized I shouldn't ask on Jesus and his birth because nobody's pretty literate on it these days. I was right behind you on this, because I truly agree that [even though I don't celebrate/believe in Christmas]it HAS changed from a religious festival to a commercial festival. Good analysis. I like your quote [it's GORGEOUS!] and your Make Believe. I'd love to live there. I hope you're better now that it's been a few days since you acquired Stomach Flu. Maybe a honey concoction for the cough? My mum mixes honey, black pepper and crushed ginger together, and gives me a spoonful whenever I submerge into a bout of heavy cough.

I like the blog post, by the way XD You know, just to widen your horizons, you can, at the end, also list your favourite song at the moment/the song that is stuck in your head & the book you are reading right now XD

Love,
Aishwarya/Ash

++ Yay for publicity!