Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sleepy In Indiana - 1/14/10

Id like to apologize for not blogging yesterday, I fell asleep right after cooking dinner and attempting to watch a show with my sister :/

Alright, to teach abstinence or not to teach abstinence (so safe sex), that is the question.

And to which I have an answer! Well a personal opinion. But heres an insight to where this came from -

The last time I blogged I told you about Darcy, Haley, Bradi, and Ashton. So the night of the party we must have stayed up talking for at least 2-3 hours. (As a side note, they're the kind of friends I want in my life. Our conversations are more in depth and not all gossipy.) Anyways, in that span of 2-3 hours we talked about probably THE MOST controversial topics in America today. And one of the lesser talked about, but still controversial topics was abstinence. To teach it in schools, or to teach safe sex?

Darcy thought that teaching kids abstinence, that they would stay away from it until marriage, using her parents as an example. They waited until marriage. But I think everyone else sided that not everyone is going to wait until marriage, but they can protect themselves and lower the chance of getting pregnant before marriage. Bradi didnt take too much part of this, but Ashton and I were definitely taking part. Ashton and I both agree that abstinence is a good thing to teach, but it should be paired with the safe sex education. That way its not all "you should choose abstinence and you're bad if you dont wait". Its "abstinence is the preferred choice, but if you choose otherwise, here's how to protect yourself."

Just our opinions of course. Comment with your opinions (:

------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow we'll talk about spanking kids - discipline, or unneeded contact?
------------------------------------------------------------


Life Updates -

Today is 6 months for me and Corey (: I really couldn't be happier. Im crazy about him and it seems like the feelings are returned. <---That was the good news. The bad news is I have bruises on my arms, legs, back, and stomach from who knows where, and I had to go weight lifting for P.E. today. OUCH! So my body is insanely sore, I was almost in tears, and I felt pathetically weak by not doing much. Not as pathetic as the girl in my gym class whos pregnant. Shes going for endurance, not weight. I feel bad for her :/ (She was the reason the safe sex thing came up)

Reading Corner!

I said Id talk about Boys That Bite, but Im reading that online, so I didnt get too far on it. Im reading another book for about 30 minutes during school, so Ill talk about it since Ive gotten farther.

Ive started to read The Color Purple by Alice Walker. And it is good so far. The way she writes is like a slave or uneducated person would write. Almost like text-talk o_O But its somewhat hard to understand at first, but soon you just get used to it. Though as a warning, you might have to reread a couple of parts in the beginning before you start to go with the flow of the writing.

---------------------------------------------------------
Ill start going in-depth into The Color Purple tomorrow!
---------------------------------------------------------


For the 3rd section I'll post my newest poem (:

Knocking On Death's Door

"Knocking on Death's door
Which is opened just a crack,
I'm only looking forward,
For there is no turning back.

Knocking on Death's door
Softly calling to me,
I tune it out and lose myself
In thoughts of what I could be.

Knocking on Death's door
Made of the finest wood,
Whistling the funeral march
Wishing I understood.

Knocking on Death's door
As I realize something great,
I can turn and leave
And diminish all this hate.

Knocking on Death's door
Which is opened just a crack,
I leave Death in peace
And Im never coming back."



AND WE'RE DONE!

-Yours Truly
Ry (:

P.S. - Comment, review, suggest (:
P.P.S. - Suggest songs and topics and pictures/poems
P.P.P.S. - Invite others to read this blog!
P.P.P.P.S. - Suggest more things for me to read!

3 comments:

delancey said...

Heya :)

I just ADORE the poem. I loved it! Way better then mine :)

All the descriptive words that you ran together... ::sighs:: wonderfully beautiful!

Oh, and on the earlier post. I agree. It becomes sexism when you are told that you are below men. And woman should choose. Some woman want to work in the kitchen all day. Well, others want to be FBI Agents :)

Toria Mason said...

I agree about the "abstinence is the preferred choice, but if you choose otherwise, here's how to protect yourself." one. lol Although I'm more a supporter of abstinence, I'm not gonna lie and say people are going to follow that, so they need to know their other options. (As long as abortion doesn't come into the picture, I'm okay.)

Awww I hope me and Jay can make it that long, or longer. :D And be that happy.

Girl, now where did you get bruises? I hope it's not because of a certain habit...=|

I read your poem in the library. I don't remember if I told you there that I love it..so I'm telling you now/again...I love it :D heh

Aishwarya Nagar said...

Hmm, I do believe in safe sex, but more than that, I believe in trust. If you trust someone enough to not do barrier sex then I guess it's your own choice whether you want to have safe sex or not.

Nice poem =) The repetition of the first line connects all the stanzas, but it sounds fast. Like the reader is rushing through it. But I like it =)


Ash xxx