Monday, January 11, 2010

Good To Be Back - 1/11/10

Ahh, how nice it is to be back (:

And of course, I missed blogging. Its just the release I need right now.

Alright, so today is going to be about religion. I know this is a touchy subject, so PLEASE do not read if you think you'll possibly be offended! Or read, and dont get offended...PLEASE!

So we all know there are MANY different religions (Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Sikhism, Atheism, Humanism, etc.) and there are many different views of these religions, but I personally believe some people just take it TOO far.

I do not wish to turn to talk to my religious neighbor and get a speech on God's plan for my life. Im sorry, but if God is truly out there planning my life, I dont want to know about it. I like surprises, thank you very much. And more than likely you are waaay off...I also do not wish to turn to talk to my Athiest neighbor and get a speech on how there is no God and that a higher being cannot possibly be out there controlling my life. Things like this is shoving your religion down my throat. Go listen to someone cram religion down your throat. THEN you can come talk to me. But you wont come talk to me, 'cause you're gonna hate it!

Now, in saying this, I'd like to explain (EXPLAIN, NOT CRAM DOWN YOUR THROAT!) my religious standpoint. I was born and raised a Christian. I was taught to live by the Bible. But as I grow older Ive learned some things. The reason religion is big in my life is because of my mother. My dad, as I learned a few days ago, is not sure there is a god out there. I personally think God exists. But I also believe in Evolution over Creation. Maybe its a mix of both. You weren't there when God made us, you cant tell me how long it took. I also believe that God should NOT come first in my life. Im sorry to those who think thats wrong, but I used to put God first, and it really drove me away from the people in my life that I know FOR SURE are there. I want to focus on the proven people in my life.

And for those who go around using the Bible and God as proof of being gay being wrong and abortion being wrong <---You are a disgrace to your religion. If God put gay people on the earth, then there was a reason. Go blame your God for gay people, dont blame gay people for gay people. And Im pro-choice, though I wouldnt ever have an abortion. That baby does not have constitutional rights until it is born on US soil. So when it is in the woman's womb, it is the woman's choice.

------------------------------
Sexism is my next topic!
------------------------------


Life Updates -

Im using poetry and school to distract me from the wrongs in my life. And while its helping, its just pushing the problems into the faces of people that I do confide to. Bradi and Corey must be SOOO tired of me by now. But they stick around and stay by me, and thats what matters. Im going to continue to use this blog to let out the emotion. This way my emotions dont get displaced or anything. Dont want that to happen.

Reading Corner!

A list of Characters before I go on:

James - Husband to Materia, Father to Kathleen, Mercedes, Frances, and Lily.
Materia - Married James at 13, Mother to Kathleen, Merceded, and Frances.
Kathleen - Beautiful daughter, Mother to Lily, singer, dies in childbirth.
Mercedes - Very religious daughter to James and Materia.
Frances - Wild child, daughter to James and Materia, mother of Anthony
Lily - Rape child of James and Kathleen.
"Ginger" - Leo Taylor, nicknamed Ginger, father of Anthony.
Rose - Kathleens female lover after Kathleen went to New York for singing.
Ambrose - Lily's dead baby twin brother, whom Frances drowned accidentally.

Alright, I finished reading Fall On Your Knees (refer back to old blogs)and it was...really good in my opinion. Frances seduces the African delivery guy, a married adult no less, just so she could have his baby. And she has the baby but Mercedes sends him off soon after delivery. Frances prostitutes herself at a club where she performs. We learn that Kathleen was raped by James after he caught her with Rose. In the end we see that Lily and Rose are living together, and one can only guess at their relationship. Aaaand, we also learn about the more cloudy events. Like Frances and James in the rocking chair was not a normal thing, but he made her touch him. Ick. Good book.

Now Im reading stories around the relationship abuse theme. I like them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
No more world of Make Believe for now! I need to focus on reality!
------------------------------------------------------------------------


For my third section, heres some lyrics to a song I CANNOT get out of my head!

Im Not That Girl from Wicked -

"Hands touch, eyes meet
Sudden silence, sudden heat
Hearts leap in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy
But I'm not that girl

Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are
Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl"



AND WE'RE DONE!

-Yours Truly
Ry (:

P.S. - I missed blogging!
P.P.S. - I want more song suggestions!
P.P.P.S. - I am in love with the song posted above!
P.P.P.P.S. - Invite others to read!
P.P.P.P.P.S. - Comment, review, and give me suggestions for other topics!
P.P.P.P.P.P.S. - If you liked the lyrics, heres the song (Not the original) -

I'm Not That Girl - Youtube Cover (:

0 comments: