Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nap Time Isn't For Preschool Anymore - 1/17/09

Agh, stupid meds =P Blame them for the lack of blogging!

So spanking your kids - discipline or unneeded contact?

I personally see this as unneeded contact. If you arent the kind of person that can get someones attention without contact, what are you doing as a parent? Little kids = Bad listeners. You have to have some patients. Its kinda pointless. 'Cause the kid can see it as "Hmm, get in trouble and have a little pain for a little period of time or be a good little kid who is perfect and does what they're told even when they don't like it?" <--- If I was that kid, Id be screaming so I didnt have to take out the trash or something =P

Now it can also be, you get spanked and then you still have to do whatever. Then its extra pointless to be bad. But you make a point. And it just happens without a thought. You dont like it, so you make your opinion known.

But it spanking a child really the way to do it? Some people say "Well my parents spanked me and look how I turned out!" Uhh, working a 9-5, hating your job, and doing what everyone tells you to? You've been scared into following orders and being submissive. How boring...

On the other hand, some people get spanked, and when they grow up they learn from their parent's parenting mistakes, and they DONT spank their kids. So people call it a parenting mistake. Completely unnecessary. You have kids, learn how to control them verbally, not with your hand.

My parents never spanked me. They dont spank my sister. And they controlled us and we NEVER even thought about acting out in the grocery store or something. We were disciplined with words not contact.

Any opinions on the matter? Comment :D

----------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow will be a free day of ranting =P
----------------------------------------------------

Life Updates -


Ive been taking 3 hour long naps due to the drowsiness side effect of my meds. And the other side effect Ive apparently acquired is nasal congestion =P Either that or I have serious sinus issues. I really hope its not the latter because that can very easily mean Ill have to take more medicine. And sinus medicine has the potential to cause drowsiness. Which is most definitely NOT what I need more of. Im having serious issues concentrating in school. And Im lucky that I understand all these new concepts so when the teacher calls on me (which they seldomly do, because they think the other kids need to answer xD) I can answer the question without looking stupid for not knowing anything. Agh, I hope the longer Im on these meds, the lesser the side effects will be. Ill make the sacrifice of being drowsy to feel better though...

Reading Corner!

So I finished reading The Color Purple, and I truly loved it. Once you get over the way the spelling and grammar is messed up, you can really get into the book. And the story lines are kinda sorta split up. They are all joined and then you hear how they split, and then they come back together for the end xD The only part I REALLY didnt care to read was the part where Nettie (the main character's sister.) goes to Africa and does mission things and has Celie's (the main character) children with her and talks about how it is there. It just really doesnt appeal to me. I skipped it and didnt feel like I missed much of the story. But the best part of this book was not only is Celie going through the troubles of being an African woman, shes also apparently a lesbian, which makes even more troubles for her. NOTE: This book really isnt suitable for under a 8th or 9th grade level. Mature content.

-----------------------------------
13 Reasons Why is next (:
-----------------------------------


For the third section I'll put up a picture (:





THATS ALL FOLKS ;)

-Yours Truly
Ry (:

P.S. - Comment, review, suggest :D
P.P.S. - I NEED MORE SONGS!
P.P.P.S. - I apologize for infrequent blogging!
P.P.P.P.S. - Invite others to read this blog (:

1 comments:

Ashley said...

13 reasons why is a really good book, i cried when i read it.. but it was good, i recommend it.