Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Release - 5/30/10

“Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotion know what it means to want to escape from these”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This Storm

I should have seen this coming,
Like the trees see the storm.
This storm had been brewing,
Building itself up.

1 month in and all was calm,
The love has just set in,
And I bask in the warmth
Of a lovers smile.

The second was as good as the first,
No clouds in the sky,
Starry nights,
They set the mood for now.

We've made it to 3,
But this isn't like before.
The winds are picking up,
And so do our voices in the middle of a fight.

Now at 4 it starts a climb,
Wild,
Random twists,
The rain starts its patter at my feet.

One more month and Im at a loss.
The skies are green,
The rain is gone.
Ill take the calm without complaints.

We've made it to six.
The hurricane comes rolling in,
Relentlessly attacking me from all angles.
Im being enveloped in the cold.

Onto 7 and its no better than the one before.
Waves of emotion,
Beating down like the waves of the ocean.
We're getting swept away in different directions.

Month number 8 and I cant find you.
Where are you love?
You're never coming back to me.
So I lay here stranded, caught up in my tears.

I should have seen this coming,
I ignored it for too long
But now Im lost,
And so are you.

8 months gone,
I cant get them back.
Precious memories are worthless,
And so are any thoughts of you.

I love you.
I loved you.
I hate you.
And still do.



If By Chance

If by chance
You miss me,
Ill be here,
Waiting.

If by chance
You love me,
Ill be here,
Wanting.

If by chance
You cant live without me,
Ill be here,
Forgiving.

If by chance
You find another,
Ill be here,
Wishing.

If by chance
You want her more,
Ill be here,
Questioning.

If by chance
You compliment her
Ill be here,
Hurting.

But if by chance
You love her,
I wont be here.
Im through.



Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time,
I worshipped you,
I hung on every word you spoke.
Each syllable,
I listened for,
Emphasizing in my head,
As if you were a god
Speaking to the lower people
Of the cruel Earth,
And blessing us.
With every breath you took,
I took one too,
Synchronizing the falling of our chests.
I talked as if you put the stars in the sky,
The most beautiful things,
Aside from you.
I memorized your features,
Your eyes,
Your mouth
Your cheekbones.
I knew you better than anyone else,
Than I even knew myself.
I put everything I had in you.
Every spare second
Of every minute
Of every hour
Of every day.
And for what?
You never paid me back.
All I asked for was love.
The only price to pay.
You were adored,
Loved,
Special in my eyes.
What more did you want?
You wanted her,
Thats what.
And I couldn't be her.
No matter how hard I tried,
I never amounted to that.
The goddess by your side now,
As I pass you in the streets.
Heaven's perfect match.
As I see you,
Im crushed.
Broken.
Torn.
And its right here,
Right now,
That I give up.



Trapped For Eternity

Maybe,
Just maybe,
Ill find myself again.
Im unsure,
Of where Im going.
Who I am.
Who I want to be.
What I want in life.
This maze of memories,
A labyrinth of pain,
The haze in my mind.
They trap me here.
Keeping me stuck,
Never letting me leave
Or move on.
I can't get out.
I don't know where I started,
Where I am
Or where Im going.
If only I knew.
A hint,
A clue,
Anything that could help me,
Please find me now.
I need help.
I cant do this alone.
Im not strong enough.
This silence,
Confusion,
Pain,
Darkness.
Its haunting me.
With every step
I fall farther.
With every movement
I stumble.
Im going nowhere,
And Im going fast.
I twist and turn,
I beg and plead,
But nothing,
Nothing,
Will ever save me.
Im to be forever lost.
Trapped for eternity,
Never to be found.



---------------------------------------------------

Four new poems. Everything negative Ive felt lately because I just cant write happy poetry. Lacking the experience behind that emotion =P Review? Please and thank you (:

(This is my attempt at looking productive lately! [Even though these took like...5 minutes each...])


-Yours Truly
Ryanne (:

1 comments:

Aishwarya Nagar said...

Pssht, no such thing as happy poetry. Happiness is a rare thing today and I bet that I can shoot down even the happiest poem to reflect something dark and depressive.

MY REVIEW(S):

Poem 1
Very complicated in the end, which suits the reader just fine 'cause you've been straightforward for the rest of the poem. I reckon this is about Corey. You make it seem like you already knew that it was going to happpen. Nevertheless, the straightforwardness is a good element here because it helps connect the reader with your emotions directly.

Poem 2
Nice description of your boundaries. The repetition is absolutely beautiful...even though it shows you as a stepping stone,you make your opinion clear in the end, which is nice. It shows defiance.

Poem 3
I don't even know what to say. It's got rhetorical questions, questions, accusations, staccaro sentences with your praise and your hate. But the admittance, the repetition in the middle is gorgeous. Painful poem.

Poem 4
Paraphrasing and imagery. Lot sof amazing things in this poem that make it strike the point you're making. For all I feel, I reckon this is a stage all of us go through and it helps to feel pain and indecisiveness at times. It teaches you things about life you wouldn't have known. You say you're going nowhere, but you're just passing through a particularly deep part of the swamp and there's more to come later on. If you let time untangle the weeds at your feet, things will be different, I guarantee it.

Ash xx