Thursday, June 10, 2010

Back To The Basics - 6/10/10

Bikinis,
Towels,
Soaking in the sun,
Oceans,
Beaches,
Just having fun,
Meeting cute boys,
Out after dark,
Swimming at the pool
&&
Hanging out at the park.
Summer 2010,
Let it begin.

Sunshine && Summertime <--Here I come ♥ ;
-----------------------------------------------



Everything in that poem is definitely how I've decided to spend my summer. Im so tired of summer just being like a very extended weekend during the school year. Its like Im always waiting for the last day of school to come around, yet once I get to that final point in the school year, Im just counting down the days until I go back. Its so frustrating, but I truly can't help but want to go back to school. Its just instinct for me. My summers are always uber boring and jam packed with nothingness. I've decided its time for a change. A big one. I've kinda made a bucket list, but instead of before I die, its for before school is back in session.


- Go swimming every weekend!
- Make a summer playlist!
- Stay single ;)
- Get a guys number!
- Do something with friends at least once a week!
- Get a major tan!
- Work out every day!
- Start going on a walk or jog every day!
- Dance in the rain every time it storms!
- Sleep under the stars!
- Go camping!
- Get my hair naturally lighter from being outside!
- Spend more time with my family (:
- Grow out my nails!
- Make a new friend!
- Go on a long bike ride once a week!
- Add more days to my count-up for NOT hurting myself!
- Make drawing and painting a regular daily thing!
- Enjoy Ball State (:
- Get a new wardrobe and reorganize my room!



My summer bucket list of 20 things that I haven't done in summers past that I really want to do this summer. This really truly makes me happy to think that I might get all these things accomplished! They really aren't far out, and with the help of my friends and family, I really think that Summer '10 is gonna be a great vacation that I'll never forget (:

This summer is also gonna be spent at fairs and daydreaming from what I can tell. The fairs will be awesome, always are. The one thing aside from my birthday that I always look forward to in the summer. There's always one going on somewhere in Indiana. The daydreaming's fun. It'd be more exciting if it all actually came true. But I keep my standards low and my hopes lower. I've learned enough in life to know that if I keep this mindset, I'll come out with less hurt that if I got my hopes up. This way, Im expecting the worse, and when it happens, I'm prepared for it. If the best outcome occurs, then I'm pleasantly surprised and my mood will considerably brighten. Its all good. People think its a bad thing, but when you really truly think about it, it might now be the happiest and most pleasant way to think, but its the most logical. Its the path to lesser pain.

Im just spending my days thinking about when I can get out of here. My future. Once I turn 18 and Im out of the house, Im gonna get my ears pierced 2 more times each. Im gonna get a tattoo. Im gonna put purple streaks in my hair. I'll have a job and my own money. I'll go to college. Move on to my career path. I'll have my own car. The ability to go out and hang with friends. I'll have a cell phone that I can actually use to text and call people other than my parents. I'll move on to my career and I'll get married and I'll have kids and I'll move out to the country and I'll be the best parent and have all those weird pets I always wished I could have. I'll have the life that I've always wished for. I'll give myself everything I wanted that I never got. Or I'll try to find it from someone else. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll make up for the years I put into my family.


S U M M E R 2 0 1 0 ♥


-Yours Truly,
Ry (:

0 comments: